Alt Center 13: Patriotism VS Nationalism
Real Americans will listen to this episode.
Are you a real American?
- Patriotism VS. Nationalism:
- National Review: John Fonte essentially tries to redefine all terms to make his own point: That pride in one’s nation is good. Meanwhile he shoots down every argument against him with redefined terms and weak appeals to 20th century philosophy.
- National Review: Good summary of patriotism VS nationalism. Essentially points out that both terms are vague and loaded. “Nationalism” is generally seen as good by those who are radically america-centric and utterly bad by liberals. Patriotism is at least a more neutral term.
- African immigrants in Maine:
- YouTube Clips
- Nationalism can easily descend into Fascism.
- Chinese political system: “Alternative” parties allowed for show, but little else.
- What, then, is an American?
- Historical letter about what makes Americans different from Europeans. A large part of it is independence and multiculturalism
- Newsweek: Trump is on the wrong side of history.
- Essentially, the election of Trump is part of the spasm that our nation (and the world) is experiencing as we undergo a radical transformation in society.