Alt Center 2: Immigration
Travel bans, wall building, alternative facts, and fear mongering. The Alt Center team dives into a wide-ranging conversation about American immigration policy and the potential consequences of new regulations.
- Clip from Fox News: Liberals vow to defy President’s immigration order.
- Politifact: Differences between Trump and Obama travel bans.
- Travel ban: The Actual Executive Order, with some commentary.
- No Americans have been killed (in America) by terrorists who entered the USA from any of the banned nations.
- San Diego State University (federally funded study): Most illegal immigrants are not attempting to attack Americans. They are, in fact, being exploited by Americans. 31% experienced blatantly illegal labor trafficking, 58% experienced situations which could be considered trafficking.
- Americans are far more likely to be killed by many things, including mass shootings by other Americans, than by “terrorism”.
- Immigration has a net POSITIVE impact on American economy, especially Social Security.
- Process of becoming an American citizen is already heavily structured and involves multiple checks to ensure safety.
- Immigration data vs. crime longitudinal study.