Alt Center 3: Those Damn Millennials
A couple of millennials waste their evening blathering about everything that is so great about their generation. We’re completely wrong, so you probably shouldn’t even listen to this pair of special snowflakes complaining in their safe space.
- Show Notes:
- Minimum wage over time. (Department of Labor)
- Inflation Calculator. (Wolfram Alpha)
- Cost of College over time, already adjusted for inflation. (Department of Education)
Basically: In 1976 you could pay for a year of college working a full-time minimum wage job for about two months. Now it’s impossible. In 2007 (last date when all averages are available) it would take 66 weeks at a minimum wage job to pay for an average college year.
- More millennials are living at home. (NPR and Pew Research and more)
- Quotes about the corruption of youth over the years. (Mental Floss)
- Divorce rate in America over time. (Washington Post)
- Disgraced televangelists. (Ted Haggard, Jim Bakker, and Peter Popoff, to name a few.)
- We didn’t get to it, but Andrew and George have mixed feelings about what Simon says.